Passed thru Fire – April 2012 – Gauteng
Another Passed thru Fire event has come and gone with 12 Boys and their Dads set on fire during this incredible time away.
Once again we were privileged to hold the event on a cattle farm just outside Groblersdal – with the rugged bushveld providing an ideal setting for this time full of challenge and meaning. We saw boys inspired towards godly manhood, Dads initiate and embrace moments of intimacy and connection with their Sons and new life breathed into Father-Son relationships. We trust that these will impact families and communities into the future.
Standing out as highlights during this time away were;
- The courage of young men to stand up for themselves and to stand together against adversity – not too much whingeing was heard;
- The energy with which the boys faced the challenges put before;
- The renewed energy displayed by Dads thoroughly enjoying the time together with their Sons them – charging through the bush together and nailing each other in paintball; and
- The awakening of some men being challenged not just in terms of their fathering but also about the impact of their whole lives;
- Boys willingly embracing the challenge to aim at godly manhood in a world that has disposed of it.
Passed thu Fire is a Rite of Passage Experience where we challenge boys aged 13 to 15 on the attributes of godly manhood and facilitate the strengthening of Father – Son relationships by valuing and encouraging the affirmation that all boys need and that is best given by their Dad.